How to respond to a bad review
Reviews can help contractors grow their business. According to our data, 93% of customers read reviews. CraftJack offers all of our contractors free reviews on their profile because we know how important it is.
Unfortunately, bad reviews can happen on any platform. If you get a negative review on your CraftJack profile we cannot remove this. We suggest reaching out to the customer and finding a resolution, as well as responding to the review publicly. You can respond to any reviews you receive through CraftJack on Lead Manager or on the CraftJack Pro app (available on iOS and Android).
See how to have reviews posted to your public profile page here.
Here are a few tips we suggest to respond to a bad review for the most positive outcome:
- Remain respectful and professional in your reply. Other people besides the reviewer can read your response and it could change a homeowner’s perception of your business.
- Offer information about the case. This is important if the reviewer provided inaccurate information. Share the facts of the situation. If possible, add photos, as long as you have permission.
- The most important part of your response is providing information about how you plan to correct the issue. If you don’t have a direct solution, outline the steps the customer should take. For example, you could instruct them to contact you and leave your business number on the review.
- Follow up after the review. You can even document this on some review websites if they allow you to respond more than once to a complaint. If the customer doesn’t contact you after a few days, reiterate the desire for them to contact you.
- Keep a record of what you do to correct the issue. This is important so you can continue to provide accurate information about the matter.
More resources to monitor and manage negative reviews: